Updated July 30, 2021
The Wisconsin Asphalt Bid/Mix Specification Tool was developed as a joint effort by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) and the Wisconsin Asphalt Pavement Association (WAPA). There are additional mix combinations and specialty mixtures that are not represented in the tool, but are approved mixtures (ie, No. 1 37.5mm mixtures, interlayer mixes, additional binder designations, etc.).
- Use this tool to generate the WisDOT bid item number for each pavement layer.
- Answer questions about the pavement type, traffic classification, binder designation, and aggregate gradation to determine the bid item number.
- You may freely change input parameters to generate different bid item numbers.
- For more information, please see the following resources.
- Asphalt Bid/Mix Specifications - Reference Guide (January 2020 update)
- Asphalt Bid/Mix Specifications - Tear-Off Quick Reference Card (January 2020 update)
- Wisconsin DOT Presentation on Asphalt Bid/Mix Specifications (original October 2015 presentation)
Please contact WAPA if you would like a printed copy of these materials.