WAPA is pleased to announce our new and updated 2020 Asphalt Pavement Design Guide.
This guide builds on core information provided in WisDOT’s Standard Specifications to address a wide range of topics related to asphalt pavement design in Wisconsin.
New for 2020
- Incorporation of the latest WisDOT design guidance found in the 2020 standard specifications recently published by WisDOT.
- Emphasis of a chapter added in 2018: Using WisDOT Specifications on Non-WisDOT Projects, which outlines the impacts of including or omitting selected WisDOT specification items for smaller, non-WisDOT asphalt pavement projects.
- Additional updated guidance and links throughout the guide.
This publication communicates the fundamentals and fine points of asphalt pavement design, construction, and rehabilitation. It is intended for use by architects, engineers, developers, owners, and officials at all levels of government.
The chapters in the guide are:
- Quality Asphalt Pavements
- Materials for Asphalt Pavements
- Asphalt Mix Design
- Using WisDOT Specifications on Non-WisDOT Projects
- Pavement Design Considerations
- Thickness Guides for Asphalt Pavements
- Pavement Management Systems
- Pavement Rehabilitation
- Asphalt for Recreational and Industrial Uses
- Materials Requirements Table
Please feel free to share this information with your colleagues and customers.
If you have any questions, or if you wish to receive a printed copy of the 2020 Asphalt Pavement Design Guide, please email WAPA at firstname.lastname@example.org.