WAPA is Hiring!
The Wisconsin Asphalt Pavement Association (WAPA) is seeking a qualified, full-time Engineering Director to complement the existing staff.
The mission of the Wisconsin Asphalt Pavement Association is to promote quality hot mix asphalt pavements that are safe, efficient and in the best interest of the customer. Our members, large and small, serve the Wisconsin DOT; the state’s counties, municipalities and towns; and commercial and private customers. We strive to help provide information and solutions at all levels to help keep asphalt the number one choice for pavements in the state.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will provide the following services:
- Be knowledgeable in pavement materials, pavement design, construction processes, and specifications.
- Promote use of asphalt pavement to engineers statewide on the municipal, county, state levels and private markets, with a goal of increasing market share.
- Establish and maintain contact with local cities and counties to be a technical resource and point of contact for questions related to asphalt pavements.
- Establish and maintain contact with WisDOT Bureau of Technical Services and region personnel.
- Attend WisDOT and industry meetings on behalf of the Association as directed.
- Organize and present “lunch and learn” and similar technical presentations to industry customers, including the consulting engineering community and developers statewide.
- Provide technical education to the public on the positive benefits of asphalt pavement.
- Assist association staff in the development and management of necessary marketing collateral materials to support the sales effort, including the WAPA website and webinars.
- Assist association staff in other areas as assigned by the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- A BS degree is required, P.E. desired, along with proven technical and communication abilities. Prior knowledge of and experience with asphalt pavement construction or sales is highly desired. 5-10 years of prior industry or consultative experience is beneficial.
- Excellent relationship building, presentation and technical selling skills are required.
- Ability to travel statewide and nationally is required.
This high visibility position requires a highly motivated self-starter who can productively build market share within a team environment with minimal direct supervision.
This position reports to the Executive Director and the Board of Directors/Executive Committee.
The WAPA office is located on the east side of Madison. Office hours are flexible with remote office possibilities.
Salary is negotiable dependent on qualifications and experience.
- SEP and health insurance package provided.
- Mileage for association business (exclusive of commuting) on a personal vehicle is reimbursed at the maximum IRS rate.
To Apply: Position open until filled
Please send resume, cover letter, 3 professional references, and salary history to:
Debbie Schwerman, Executive Director
Wisconsin Asphalt Pavement Association
4600 American Parkway, Suite 201
Madison, WI 53718