WAPA is pleased to announce our new and updated 2021 Asphalt Pavement Design Guide.
This guide builds on core information provided in WisDOT’s Standard Specifications to address a wide range of topics related to asphalt pavement design in Wisconsin.
New for 2021
- Incorporation of the latest WisDOT design guidance found in the 2022 standard specifications recently published by WisDOT.
- Additional updated guidance and links throughout the guide.
This publication communicates the fundamentals and fine points of asphalt (or blacktop) pavement design, construction, and rehabilitation. It is intended for use by contractors, architects, engineers, developers, owners, and officials at all levels of government responsible for roads, highways, parking lots, and driveways.
The chapters in the guide are:
- Quality Asphalt Pavements
- Materials for Asphalt Pavements
- Asphalt Mix Design
- Using WisDOT Specifications on Non-WisDOT Projects
- Pavement Design Considerations
- Thickness Guides for Asphalt Pavements
- Pavement Management Systems
- Pavement Rehabilitation
- Asphalt for Recreational and Industrial Uses
- Materials Requirements Table
Please feel free to share this information with your colleagues and customers.
If you have any questions, or if you wish to receive a printed copy of the 2021 Asphalt Pavement Design Guide, please email WAPA at firstname.lastname@example.org.