Position: Research Technician
Company: Rock Road Companies, Inc.
Job Location: Beloit (Lathers Lab)
Start Date: Immediately
Employment Type: Full Time
Hours per Week: Seasonal
Required Education: High School or Equivalent
Under the direction of the Director of Pavement Innovation and Research, the Research Lab Technician is responsible for providing quality testing for the company in an ethical, precise and expedient manner. In addition, the Research Lab Technician will work closely with the Research Engineer on technical issues and daily bases lab work schedule.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for performing quality control tests and performance samples preparation using provided equipment and record results into a database.
- As assigned, responsible for performing daily collection of material stockpiles and asphalt mixture samples from different plants.
- Troubleshoot job problems and handle job complaints.
- Make sure the Research Engineer has all the needed paperwork and testing samples based on the provided schedule.
- Ensure that the lab is kept clean and orderly at all times—following all the cleaning schedules.
- Maintain Vehicles when utilized to visit job sites and complete all necessary safety checks and log books to ensure accurate driving records.
- Responsible for communicating all test results to the Research Engineer.
- Document and maintain all test data on the appropriate data sheets and charts after every test.
- Ensure all information is accurate and entered on the appropriate data sheets (job number, State ID number, verification number, time of test etc.).
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Strong interpersonal, organization and communication skills, work well in a team environment.
- The ability to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously; and the ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision, must be a self-starter.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Associates Degree, or an equivalent combination of training and work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior experience working within a lab setting.
The ability to work varied hours including nights/early mornings, weekends and as needed.
Rock Road Companies, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing excellence in the Construction Industry. Rock Road Companies, Inc is a signatory heavy-highway contractor to the Laborer’s and Operators Union in Wisconsin and Northern Illinois. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. From large interstate highways to small commercial site development, we approach every project with a dedication to efficiency, technology, and most of all—safety.
For more information or to fill out an application please send replies to us via e-mail.