Under the direction of the Foreman, the Roller Operator will be responsible for operating several types of paving equipment in a safe and efficient manner. This equipment may include, but is not limited to, asphalt rollers.
- Company: Payne and Dolan, Inc., a Walbec Company
- Job Type: Seasonal
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Operate equipment as directed for the construction of roads and other projects (parking lots, driveways, etc.) as needed.
- Work with one or several types of paving equipment in a safe and effective manner to minimize the risk of injury and property damage.
- Depending on assignment, ability to safely maneuver machinery in tight quarters, around people, traffic and utilities.
- Clean, maintain and secure all equipment.
- Ensure that proper safety and incident-reporting procedures are followed.
- Assist with repairs as needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Minimum of two to three years of previous work experience in asphalt rolling operation.
- Working knowledge or ability to learn of various asphalt rolling patterns.
- Successfully pass, or has passed, the Operator’s Union aptitude test when required.
- Ability to clean, maintain and assist in repairing equipment.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Class A CDL or willingness/ability to obtain.
May require working long hours, rotating shifts, split shifts, weekends and nights. May require traveling to sites up to 1.5 hours, one way, to work.
Environmental Requirements for Roller Operator Position
- Be able to tolerate variable weather conditions from extreme heat to cold.
- Work in a dirty and dusty environment.
- Be able to walk and/or stand for extended time (up to an entire day’s shift).
- Be able to comprehend, understand and follow policies, procedures and safety requirements.
- Have the ability to hear and see to the level of accomplishment for above requirements.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.