Under the direction of the Area Manager, the Project Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating activities on designated jobs to ensure that goals and/or objectives of the job are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
Role and Responsibilities
- Overall project management processes in their assigned geographical territory or client base
- Self-sufficient in bidding and managing more complex projects ranging from small scale commercial sub-contracts to large scale municipal prime contracts
- Ability to mentor less experience PEs and PMs and may be involved in training
- Involvement in Association and able to promote asphalt industry and Walbec materials and services
- Aptitude for positive customer relations
- Capacity to be a Safety Leader
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of 5-7 years of project management experience in construction or manufacturing
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
- Excellent verbal and written communication, consulting, conflict management, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent client management and business literacy skills
- Working knowledge of DOT guidelines and regulations
- Prior transportation industry experience
- Develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results
- Effectively envision, develop and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues
- Manage multiple conflicting priorities
- Be self-directed and motivated
This position may require some travel.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.