Benchmark provides proven roof and pavement consulting services with unmatched expertise and responsive individual attention to each client. Commitment, dedication, experience, integrity and trust are the foundation of our 25-plus year record of successful client relationships (www.benchmark-inc.com). We are seeking a qualified, full-time Business Development Specialist to join our team. This position will be based at our pavement division headquarters located in Waukesha, Wisconsin.
The ideal Business Development Specialist possesses the following three virtues:
HUMBLE: Quick to point out contributions of others and define success collectively rather than individually. Support healthy conflict and enjoy sharing credit with the team. Focused on fostering trust and leading by example. Willing to do any level of work and chip in whenever needed.
HUNGRY: Willing to go above and beyond to achieve goals. Self-motivated and diligently look for the next challenge. Encourage others to continuously improve processes and hold yourself and the team accountable. Passionate about your work and the team.
PEOPLE SMART: Strong interpersonal skills and trustworthy. Quick to build trust among coworkers. Good judgement and intuition around the subtleties of group dynamics and understand the impact of words and actions. A sense of humor is a must.
Business to business (B2B) sales position selling pavement consulting services nationally to companies with multiple facilities and complex assets, with the intention of business growth.
Teamwork, Support, and Process:
- Generate new leads with the intention of increasing sales.
- Develop and execute business to business (B2B) sales plans.
- Generate a diverse, potential client pool based on current market trends.
- Lead initiatives including cold calling, schedule prospect meetings, contact generation/verification and qualifying right-fit companies to build a pipeline of opportunities.
- Engage with current and prospective clients through on-site meetings, regular phone and email communication, client seminars, tradeshows, and various business development activities.
- Assist in developing proposals, estimates, and respond to Request for Proposals (RFPs) as needed.
- Network with industry partners, contractors, manufacturers, and Benchmark team to un-cover referrals, leads, and opportunities.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), documentation, and organizational skills.
- Engage, communicate, and collaborate effectively with all team members.
- Encourage the flow of communication and foster relationships throughout the organization and with our clients.
- Provide all necessary contacts, details, and project information to internal teams to ensure the sales process transitions smoothly into the project phase.
- Proven record of sales results/business development
- Bachelor’s (BA/BS) degree or equivalent experience in Business, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Engineering, or an industry related field
- Passion for learning and must be able to work and learn independently, as well as in a team environment
- Occasional travel (amount of travel time varies according to business needs)
- Strong work ethic in achieving personal and company goals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy, and technical capacity/ability
- Driven, self-motivated and positive-minded
- Experience in the pavement/construction industry
- Experience working with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System
Our Mission Statement:
- Sound and valuable counsel
- Exceptional responsiveness and dependability
- Dedication to the client’s best interests and needs
- A strong work ethic, high standards and integrity
- Concern for the career enrichment and well-being of all associates
Benchmark offers an unmatched professional culture with a family feel where relationships matter. We provide opportunities for professional and personal growth to all employees. Our employees enjoy a full suite of benefits including health/wellness, dental, life, AD&D, disability (short and long-term), 401(k) with employer matching contributions, and paid vacation, holidays, and volunteer days.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Human Resources
6065 Huntington Court NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402