Position: Project Manager
Company: Rock Road Companies, Inc.
Job Location: Janesville, WI
Project coordination, planning, scheduling and execution of new projects. Coordination of manpower, material, equipment, subcontractors, ensuring that specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding to schedule and within budget. Assures compliance with safety policies, conducts safety meetings, and coordinates safety training programs.
- Develop cost-effective plans and schedules for completion of projects following a logical pattern for utilization of resources.
- Manages multiple projects while meeting or exceeding stated deadlines and bit estimates.
- Pre-plan and coordinate material and completion of required inspections.
- Manage and coordinate field manpower with project requirements.
- Understands contracts, prepares estimates, change orders and proposals.
- Visit job sites to monitor progress and resolve field problems as well as track manpower.
- Experience managing total site-development projects.
- Protects the company by identifying and avoiding risk.
- Documents job progress, changes, delays submittals, RFIs etc.
- Responsible for controlling the financial position of the project, change order and managing material and sub contractors.
- Proficient with Oracle (P6)/Bid2Win/Trimble Business Center.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the project including project staff/internal cost management team/Operations manager.
- Assist in estimating/bidding process.
- Work closely with Field team and Operations to keep jobs on time and running efficient.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Building Construction Management/Civil Engineering, or related field of study.
- Prior experience in the Construction Field is preferred.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Resumes can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rock Road Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of sex, color, ancestry, disability, marital status, race, creed or religion, age, use or non-use of lawful products off the Company’s premises during non-working hours, arrest or conviction record, honesty testing, national origin, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic testing, military service membership, or any other protected classification.